Ukraine War ☠ Footage and Updates ⚠ Day 164
- European soccer body UEFA has hit Fenerbahce Istanbul with a partial stadium closure and a fine after Turkish fans chanted the name of Russian President Vladimir Putin during a Champions League qualifier against Ukraine’s Dynamo Kyiv last month.
- The war in Ukraine is entering a new phase as Russian troops mass in the south in preparation for a Ukrainian counter-offensive, western analysts believe.
- ‘Stop Listening to Moscow’ Again Becoming Slogan of Russia’s Music Scene, Ovchinnikov Says
- President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky said that the issue of compensation for damages caused by the Russian invasion is an important element of the responsibility that the aggressor state must bear.
- The conventional wisdom is that Vladimir Putin has no choice but to continue his war in Ukraine because any other policy would signal a failure not only of that policy but of his regime. But there is another way to look at the situation: Putin could declare victory in some sense, reverse course, and as a result become even more popular and thus stronger at home while opening the way for improved relations with other countries
- Ukrainian military personnel are fortifying their positions around the eastern city of Sloviansk in expectation of a fresh Russian attempt to seize the strategic point in the fiercely fought-over Donetsk region.
- ‘Into military targets’ How Russian propaganda utilized and distorted allegations by Amnesty International that Ukrainian troops endanger civilians
- As the main inheritor of the Soviet Union’s vast arsenal of nuclear weapons, Russia’s strategic nuclear arsenal is the largest in the world, and has the largest amount of nuclear warheads overall.
- Up to a quarter of the more than 7,000 Ukrainian soldiers who have been reported missing are being held captive by invading Russian forces
- Europe has seen bookings to Poland’s Krakow collapse by 60% for summer 2022. Not only does Poland share a border with Ukraine, but pictures of refugees crossing the border seem to be increasing the proximity in people’s minds, to devastating effect for its travel industry.
- The Russian regime has started to prepare for the so-called referendum on the accession of Kherson Oblast to Russia by giving financial handouts to pensioners and encouraging the local youth to attend universities in Russian-occupied cities.
- Evacuate now or face the misery of a Russian onslaught as winter approaches: That’s the blunt warning Ukraine delivered to the hundreds of thousands of civilians still left in Donetsk
- The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations says Russia’s war in Ukraine has only made an already “horrific” global food crisis even more dire.
I’ll right away grab your rss feed as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly allow me realize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.